Elaborate programme worked out for delegates
High Commission of India, Singapore. Press Release
ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2018 & India-Singapore/ASEAN Entrepreneurship Bridge (InSpreneur).
The ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (Overseas Indian Day) Convention is being held on 6-7 January 2018 and the IndiaSingapore/ASEAN Entrepreneurship Bridge (InSpreneur) is being held on 5-6 January 2018, both at Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre in Singapore.
InSpreneur is designed as a platform to connect startups and investors in India and Singapore and to promote collaboration in the ASEAN region.
The ASEAN-India PBD is one of the highlights of the year-long commemoration of the 25 years of ASEAN-India partnership, which will culminate in the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in New Delhi on 25 January 2018 and is a great honour for India to host leaders of ASEAN member states as Chief Guests at Republic Day parade and celebrations on January 26.
InSpreneur (India-Singapore/ASEAN Entrepreneurship Bridge)
The inaugural InSpreneur on January 5-6 will focus on startups, fintech, cyber security, disruptive technologies in manufacturing and India Digital Stack (India’s successful model of Aadhar UID-enabled governance, public services, financial inclusion and payment systems. In addition to panel discussions, start-ups will to pitch their ideas to investors and also interact with other start-ups in curated “speed dating” sessions. The event will culminate in the launch of the India-Singapore/ASEAN Start up Digital Portal.
Around 600 invited delegates, including 250 startups (around 120 from India), are participating in the event. Over 60 investors have listed themselves for the investor pitching session and 100 start ups have signed up for speed dating sessions.
6. From Singapore, Ministry of Trade and Industry and SG Innovate, and from India, DIPP, Invest India, CII, FICCI and NASSCOM are supporting the event. We have also drawn upon the excellent pool of Indian professional and institutional associations, including IIM Alumni Association, IIT Alumni Association and TiE Singapore.
ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is being organised on 6-7 January 2018 at the prestigious Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre in Singapore as part of the commemoration of 25 years of ASEAN-India Partnership.
Under the theme of “Ancient Route, New Journey: Diaspora in the Dynamic ASEAN-India Partnership”, The ASEAN-India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas aims to highlight the ancient links between India and Southeast Asia; and, promote greater economic, cultural and diplomatic cooperation between India and Southeast Asian nations as well as ASEAN. The event will also showcase Indian Diaspora’s talent and achievements and deepen their – especially the youth’s – links with India and their role in promoting closer India-Southeast Asia ties. We are pleased to have been able to bring this to Singapore.
Some of the highlights are:
• In all, 16 thematic sessions and the various parallel events will feature over 100 eminent speakers from India, Singapore and ASEAN region.
• The Convention has evolved into one of the biggest business meets on India and ASEAN in Singapore, with a full day of sessions on ASEAN India Economic Partnership; India and ASEAN in the Digital World; Infrastructure; Financial Partnership; expanding trade and services; Make in India; legal framework of doing business in India and ASEAN; Science & Technology; and, Tourism and Connectivity.
Both leading chambers from India – Confederation of Indian Industry and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries – are sending delegations. Business leaders from Singapore and ASEAN countries are participating.
• Other sessions at PBD cover areas such as India-ASEAN partnership in the new world order, diaspora history, social impact projects in India, culture, youth, education, and Ease of Being Overseas Indian in India and ASEAN.
• There are full days of Writer’s Festival, Cinema Festival, Art Exhibition, Photo Exhibition on the history of India-Southeast Asian links, Yoga, and Ayurveda conference – all showcasing ASEAN Indian talent.
• There will be a crafts village with three Indian crafts persons will give live demonstration of their art.
• There is a concert for youth on January 6 by two prominent artistes from India.
• The Gala dinner on January 7 will feature cultural and culinary experience that reflect Indian influence in the region.
• A significant part of the event is competitions for diaspora youth in essay and poetry (in English, Hindi and Tamil), classical Indian dance and music, photo competition on what best represents India in ASEAN and online challenges on six social themes of relevance to India. We have received over 900 entries.
From India, dignitaries include Mrs. Sushma Swaraj, Minister of External Affairs; Mr. Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation; Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. N. Chandra Babu Naidu; and, Chief Minister of Assam, Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal.
From Singapore, dignitaries include H.E. Mr. Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security; H.E. Dr. Vivian Balakrishnan Minister for Foreign Affairs; and, H.E. Mr. S. Iswaran, Minister Trade and Industry (Industry).
There are delegations from other ASEAN countries, including a 150-member delegation from Malaysia, with ministerial-level participation.
A detailed programme is attached.
14. For those who have not earlier received an invitation and wish to cover
the events, please write back to us by a return mail for media accreditation. High Commission of India, Singapore. 1st January 2018.