River Anas to get 180-metre bridge
Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) and tendering process are being prepared for about Rs.200 crore worth of road improvement contracts in Gujarat.
The projects are for improving the connectivity between five States – Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Diu, said Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways, Mansukh L Mandaviya.
He also disclosed that 53,000 km of National Highway contracts were underway.
Nearly 33,000 km of National Highways have been constructed in the last four years, while the Government aims at completing two lakh kilometres of National Highways by the year 2022.
The Gujarat projects are:
Following is the list of approved works:
1. Widening and Strengthening of 14.80-KM OF Dantiwada Kuchavada Road for Rs.19.5 cr;
2. Widening and Strengthening of 15.10-km Chandisar Danthinda Road for Rs.20 cr;
3. Widening and Strengthening of 15.50-km Kodinar Velan Kotada Road, Taluka Kodinar, for Rs.24.74 cr;
4. Widening and Strengthening of 14.40-km Delwada Ahmedpura Mandavi Vaso, Kob Road, Taluka Una, for Rs.14.75 cr;
5. Kalu river Causway to Maharashtra Border. The 31.20-km project to cost Rs.39.50 cr;
6. Widening and Strengthening of 19.00-km Ahwa Navapur Road for Rs.43.88 cr;
7. Widening and Strengthening of 13.20-km Gangardi-Garbada-Jambua-Agawada Road, Taluka Garbada, Distt. Dahod, for Rs6.00 cr;
8. Construction of 180-metre Bridge across River Anas on Chakaliya Nani Mahudi Anas Road, Taluka Jhalod, Distt. Dahod, for Rs. 15.90 cr;
9. Widening and Strengthening of 13.00-km Vansda Sitapur Khamphla Bilmoda Road, Taluka Vansda, Distt. Navsari, for Rs.13.20 cr.